RSS

Hong Kong

3rd of February 2007, Saturday

I'm home !! Hong Kong was AMAZING o-k-a-y !! keke. I went to HK with my mum, my dad went to Cambodia with his friend at the same time. We arrived in HK at noon, did some shopping in the airport before leaving for the Hotel. We stayed in Kimberly Hotel located in Kowloon on Kimberly Road, Tsim Tsa Tsui. If you're planning a holiday in HK, I recommend Kimberly Hotel. It is has a strategic location, the subway station is located 5 minutes away. Besides Kimberly Hotel, Empire Kowloon Hotel and Kowloon Hotel is also a good hotel - both hotels are located very near food, shopping and the subway station. Trust me, when you're in HK, you'll travel by Subway very often - its very convenient. There are also 3 Marco Polo hotels located on the same road - Canton Road, you can consider either one too. Marco Polo Hotels are surrounded by branded shops - LV, Gucci, Tods etc. People there buy LV as if it doesn't cost a cent. lol.

Bunny


So anyways, on the 1st day, my mum and me went to the Harbour City Area - which is where the Marco Polo hotels are located. It was a 15 minutes walk from our hotel. There are loads of food and shopping stores on the way. Naturally, we stopped at almost every shop. keke. On the way back, we stopped for Tong Shui !! Mango Tong Yuen was delicious !! it wasnt exactly Tong Yuen because it wasnt served with Ginger Soup, but it looked like one. lol. The flour was made of mango and the filling was Mango ~ delicious !! I was going to Tapau some on the day we left HK, but sadly, the Tong Shui shop opens at 12pm. The airport pickup service for me and mum was at 11.30pm. *sadness* oh well, maybe next time lah. hey, if you go to HK, dont forget to try the Mango Tong Yuen at a dessert shop called 'Xu Liu San', you can see it everywhere !! there is one store located at every area - Tsim Tsa Tsui, Causeway Bay etc. It's a must try !! While I was there, there was a Mango Frenzy going on ! everything was Mango Mango Mango. now I'm so afraid to eat Mango. (>.<) hahaha. I also tried this Mango drink with tong yuen inside. its so yummy !! the tong yuen was as small as those pearls found in the "Zhen Zhu Nai Cha". omigosh. I want it now !! I miss HONG KONG so much !! (>.<) On the second day, mum and I sat the MTR (Subway) to Causeway Bay ! Shopping Shopping Shopping !! When you exit the station, on your RIGHT is SOGO Shopping Centre and on your LEFT is TIMES SQUARE. gosh, both side also shopping !! haha. As we had the whole day to ourselves, we went to SOGO first. WAHHHHHH !!! so many things !! everything on sell is mostly imported from Japan, things that you can't get in Malaysia. *hoho* buy buy buy lo ! haha. nolah, I didnt buy much from SOGO, although my mum did. keke. they even had a supermarket !! fresh fruits & vegetables, biscuits and everything - both local and imported were for sale. *googoo* so many stuff !! I wish I could buy all the fresh fruits and vegetables and bring it Home !! haha.

babu bear

After Sogo, we went to Times Square - the place was empty, not many ppl. There were plenty of shops around TimesSquare - Giordano, Bossini, Levi's etc. They had a huge ESPRIT too !! haha. I bought a few shirts. keke. That Huge ESPRIT was located in Lee's Garden. My mum bought loads of preserved Ginger from a Shop opposite Lee's Garden - my mum says its really nice !! I don't eat ginger so I wouldn't know. lol. I've been to HK 3 times, and every trip, we will definitely visit that Ginger Shop. lol. In the evening, we went to Mongkok! Mongkok is also a very popular shopping destination. There's a picture of the busy Mongkok Streets below. Ladies Street, Sai Yong Choi Street, Tung Choi Street and Fa Yuen Street are all located next to each other. All of them are filled with shops ! woohoo !! I especially like a Hello Kitty shop located on Ladies Street! everytime I visit HK, I'll definitely go there. It's a Hello Kitty Heaven! haha. On the 3rd day. we went to Central - loads of shopping too. There's a huge Marks and Spencer !! 3 floors if I'm not mistaken, really cool ! I bought shoes !! omigosh, I still cant believe I bought shoes - pumps. I erm..have big feet ! *blushes* haha. the last place I expected to find shoes in my size is at M&S. my shoes are part of the so called ~ Limited Collection edition. woOt~! so happy ! haha. it looks like any other pair of pumps, except that it comes in my size ! haha. Next, we went back to the Harbour City Area and Mongkok. There were so many new things to see and buy everytime we visited. haha. so many shops that we didnt discover the first time we went. :) keke

On the last day, we had DimSum for breakfast and we walked around our Hotel Area where there are also many shopping stores. They have a huge Giordano! haha. I didnt buy anything from Giordano this time round, Malaysia will have the current stock in a month or 2 anyways. hehe. Our airport transportation arrived at 11.30am, we reached the airport at 12.30pm. Our flight home was at 2.45pm, so we did some shopping in the airport! Shopaholic & Baby was on sale !! it isnt on sale in Malaysia yet. Mel told me the book was released on the 31st of Jan - although it still isnt on sale in the bookstores - only online orders. I am such a lucky girl ! all thanks to my mum, if we hadnt gone to the washroom, I wouldnt have seen the book on sale at the bookstore.
kissythe book is fabulous !! I read the 1st half on the plane, and the rest back home. hehe. I SO LOVE LUKE BRANDON !! He is so sweet !! omigosh !! I doubt there will be a 6th book. Shopaholic & Baby should be the last book !! It has a perfect ending !! one word : MINNIE !! hehe.

the plane was half empty on our way home. the stewards weren't very helpful. infact the stewardess was so skinny, I think she's anorexic. hehe. okaylah, she's not, I'm so evil. lol. dad arrived home on the same day 2 hours earlier than mum & me. we met at the airport and sat a Taxi Home. that big van type of taxi ! the driver was speeding all the way, so scary. lol.

To wrap it up, my mum & me had a fabulous time in HK! my dad had a wonderful time too ! apparently Angkor Watt is really beautiful !! haha. HK is a really expensive destination, we spent alot on food ! Evey meal costs at least HKD150, which is equivalent to RM75. I want to go again !! so I'm gonna start saving !! :) no unnecessary shopping anymore. keke

Bye bye HK !! I'll come again soon ~ hopefully !!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: